Small Humuhumu Tote
Our classic and original SlippahFish makes its debut on this tote bag. At 15" square it is perfect for going to the farmer's market or holoholo around town.
The state fish of Hawaii, the humuhumunukunukuapuaʻa are also known as reef triggerfish or Picasso fish for their distinctive color patterns reminiscent of an abstract painting that Picasso could've created. Found in shallow outer reefs from East Africa throughout the Indo-Pacific region to Japan and Hawaiʻi, the humuhumunukunukuapuaʻa is known in Hawaiian legend as the spirit of the shapeshifting Hawaiian demi-god named Kamapuaʻa, who could control rain and ocean and grew armor to withstand Pele’s fiery waves after angering the goddess. The humuhumu has been used as a substitute for pig in some religious ceremonies and sometimes used as fuel, and has eyes set on the top of his head which move independently, giving him amazing lookout skills.
• 100% spun polyester fabric
• Bag size: 15″ × 15″ (38.1 × 38.1 cm)
• Capacity: 2.6 US gal (10 l)
• Maximum weight limit: 44lbs (20 kg)
• Dual handles made from 100% natural cotton bull denim
• Handle length 11.8″ (30 cm), width 1″ (2.5 cm)